Friday 25 April 2014

Hungry-Man Review.

Here at Josh's Blog Enterprises we're focused on hard hitting journalism. We believe that a good review cannot be boiled down to a scaled rating at the end; however we know that if you're reading this you're probably too lazy to read allll those words and decide if the review is a reliable one. The Hungry-Man takes 8 minutes to prepare. You can read this review in less!

LET'S DO THIS!

So, I'm going to be in America soon. In advance I decided it might be prudent to prepare my colon for the inevitable blitzkrieg that will be wreaked upon my entry to the states. The Hungry Man is something that me and my girlfriend have laughed about each time we've seen it in the shop. Perhaps because we assumed it to be a symbol of corporate machismo. Well, Sara was away and I was indeed a Hungry-Man!


Already looks ravishing! 

The Hungry Man meal is different to many other ready meals (I guess- I've never really had any) in the way that it forces you to think. It both forces you to make hard decisions and to find ways around challenging circumstances. The first challenge was  whether or not I should use the oven or the microwave; instructions for both methods were provided! I opted for the microwave as I thought it was more in the spirit of things and was left wandering through the mists of wonder upon reflection of how oven preparation is supposed to take 26 minutes longer.

The second problem was how I was instructed to remove the film from the brownie only and poke holes only in the potato and peas. There is only one film and it is only stuck down along the circumference, not the partitions so I was unsure of :-

A) How to remove the film from the brownie only and
B) How only poking holes in the vegetables would make a difference to the steaks burgers when there is no separation between the components- especially seeing as I had to remove the film from the brownie.

I cut the film out around the brownie and just stabbed holes in everything.

Cook everything for 3.5 minutes then remove the brownie.


Chris' inferior healthy meal.
After cooking the meal for another 4.5 minutes after removal of the brownie I was ready to eat. I did a quick publicity shot for which Hungry Man agreed to pay me royalties for and got to eating.

Exactly like on the packaging!
Hungry-Man's final form.

Pffff.
Well, it was better than I had thought but not as good as I would have hoped. For the investment of a minuscule amount of time in comparison to the minutes each Hungry-Man bumps off of your life you can learn to cook cheaper and more delicious meals for yourself. You have only one life and plenty of time, you have the capacity to learn new skills, skills that can benefit yourself and others. Skills that can make you a source of inspiration or hope to your friends. It really is in your best interest to not buy this meal and instead make something more of yourself

5*'s! 10/10 WOULD BUY AGAIN!

NEXT TIME- KRAFT MACARONI AND CHEESE!

I wish I could say that it even tasted like anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment